**This guide is based on Google Chrome on a PC**
info courtesy of-
Step 1: Install MetaMask On Your Web Browser
Before you can buy NFTs on OpenSea, you will need a digital wallet where you can add Ether (“ETH” — the cryptocurrency used in OpenSea), which you will need to buy NFTs.
- Go to opensea.io, click on the Profile icon on the top right corner and select “My Profile”
- Click on “Get MetaMask”, and download the appropriate extension for your device/browser
- Click “Install MetaMask”
- Once the extension has been added, you should see a page that says “Welcome to MetaMask.” Click “Get Started”
- Select “Create Wallet”
- Create your password
- Take a screenshot and/or write down the secret phrase. This is your backup access to your account. Do not lose this!
- Click “Next” and select the secret phrase in order and tap “Confirm”
- If you arrange the secret phrase correctly, you should land on a “Congratulations” page. Click “All Done”
- If you get a pop-up about swapping Token, click the “X” button to exit
- Click “Next” to connect your OpenSea account with the MetaMask wallet
- Click “Connect” again
- Now you’ll need to buy ETH to put in your wallet
Step 2: Buy Ether (“ETH”) Using MetaMask
You can buy ETH using the MetaMask wallet that was created in Step 1.
- Click on the MetaMask fox icon on the top right corner of your browser
- Click “Buy” or select “Directly Deposit Ether” if you already have ETH in another wallet (i.e. Coinbase)
- Click “Continue to Wyre”
- Choose how much Ether you want to buy. There’s a transaction fee (for Wyre) and a network fee (i.e. mining fee) each time you buy, so make sure you buy enough Ether to avoid additional fees later.
- Choose your method of payment and click “Next”
- Enter your payment info and phone number
- Click “Submit”
- Enter in the payment authentication code you received on your phone
- Authorize the purchase by entering the six-digit code for a pending Wyre transaction in your bank account
- Within a few minutes, you should see your balance update in your MetaMask wallet
Now you’re finally ready to buy some NFTs!
Step 3: Buy Or Make an Offer on NFTs
To Buy a NFT:
- Go to the NFT you want to buy, then click on “Buy Now”
- Check the boxes agree to the terms, then click “Checkout”
- Your MetaMask extension will drop down, and you will be able to see the total purchase price. You’ll see a “Gas Fee.” This is a required fee to process the transaction in the Ethereum network. This fee varies wildly depending on how much activity there is on the network. I’ve seen it range from $30 ~ $140. If you’re not in a rush, I would recommend checking gas prices on sites such as https://ethereumprice.org/gas/ to choose a time when gas prices are cheaper
To Make an Offer on an NFT:
Some NFTs are auctioned, so you will need to place a bid. Even if an NFT is listed as “Buy Now”, you can always make an offer for a lower price
- Click on “Offers” to dropdown the list. You will be able to see whether there are any existing offers for the NFT
- Click on “Make Offer”
- Your bids will be placed in WETH (Wrapped ETH) which is a form of ETH currency that makes it tradeable. Carefully choose the amount of WETH you want to bid (USD is shown on the right side)
- Click “Convert ETH”
- Confirm the amount, then click “Wrap” **each time you convert ETH to WETH, there is a transaction fee, so if you’re planning to bid on multiple NFTs, you may want to convert a larger amount**
- Your MetaMask extension will drop down, asking you to confirm the total amount
- The gas fee for the conversion here is cheaper than when purchasing the NFT. I’ve seen it range around $5 ~ $10
- You will see the updated balance of ETH and WETH in your MetaMask wallet
- Go to “Make Offer” again
- Enter the amount you want to bid and click “Make Offer”
- Your MetaMask extension will drop down, and you will be able to see the total purchase price. For offers, you may only see a “Gas Fee” if it’s your first transaction. This fee is generally lower than the gas fee required to transact a purchase. I’ve seen it range from $10 ~ $15
- Select “Confirm” to finalize the bid
- When the MetaMask extension drops down, click on “Sign”
Congratulations! You’ve successfully placed a bid! You should see your bid show up in the “Offers” section.
Hope this was a helpful guide!